Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering businesses to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple, delightful, and human. With over 1,000 employees across our dual headquarters in San Francisco and Denver, we empower over 60,000 small businesses and we’re just getting started.
Gusto is looking for a visual designer to join Brand Studio, a cross-disciplinary group of creatives including designers, writers, and developers. The mission of our team is to build a category-defining brand and have a meaningful impact on Gusto’s business by shipping world-class creative.
Your role will be to thoughtfully design and execute a variety of web-based interactive projects. This is a highly collaborative role that will require you to work closely with the creative director, marketing leaders, product teams, and the rest of the Brand Studio team to ship effective marketing projects and campaigns. We’re looking for a creative problem solver who can think strategically but also loves getting into the details that take design from good to great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead interactive design projects with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with designers, writers, web developers, product marketers and beyond to ideate and execute world-class creative
- Represent the design team to internal stakeholders, and provide input that will help shape planning and strategy
- Deliver and solicit feedback to continually improve the Gusto brand and raise the quality and craftsmanship of our output
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners and stakeholders
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of web and interactive design experience
- Experience leading large web-based interactive projects
- Experience establishing information architecture and visual design systems
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Understanding of design implications on development, responsive design, UX best practices, usability principles, and user-research experience
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Passionate about visual and interaction design
- Experience collaborating closely with marketing organizations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with prototyping tools, Keynote, 2D and 3D motion, or video editing
- Experience on an internal creative team
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.