This position is for a Technical Program Manager that will act as a DevOps SME on top of her/his program management duties. This role will work with the Senior TPM to drive the execution of key components of DevOps project deliverables. The features-focused projects must be delivered effectively with minimum organizational cost and inefficiencies; this can only be done using Agile best practices. This TPM is expected to provide guidance on which Agile methodology to use for which project/initiative. For example, Scrum to be used for features work, Kanban to be used for workflow type projects or use both when needed.
- Apply best practices using Atlassian Jira to further Agile delivery of projects.
- Take a ‘microservices’ approach that enables much higher velocity due to smaller sub-projects. Use a scrum methodology to break down work into the right atomic units where their dependencies are well-known.
- Leverage your experience in SAAS products / distributed systems, in particular AWS and Kubernetes, to work with DevOps engineers delivering projects
- Build out integrated project dashboards based on data sets utilizing Atlassian tools Jira and Confluence.
- Manage sprint planning, retrospectives, scrum sessions and other agile development best practices.
- Coordinate all Scrum Ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint retrospectives, Sprint Demos, Story Grooming, and Delivery Planning.
- Mentor and coach teams on Agile/Scrum practices and self-organization.
- Assess Scrum Maturity of team and bring team to higher levels of maturity at a sustainable pace.
- Manage project risks, dependencies and issues.
Skills, Traits & Competencies:
- Agile or Project Management certification (PMP, PSM I, PSM II, SAFe).
- Experience in diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory (User Stories, Story Pointing, Velocity, Burndown Metrics, Agile Games, Tasking, Retrospectives, Cycle Time, Throughput, Work in Progress levels).
- Experience working in dynamic environments, where both long-term goals, tactical work & a significant amount of interruption-driven work co-exist.
- Experience working with various software development practices (BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Automated Testing) and Ops technologies (CD/CI, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience working with different Agile approaches (Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, etc.).
- In-depth experience with Atlassian Jira/Confluence.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred