Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
Airbnb is growing rapidly and we are on the lookout for high energy employees to grow the Systems Operations team. As a DevOps Engineer, Systems at Airbnb, you will be working with the global IT team solving complex, time sensitive production issues. You will be the conduit between many business and technology facing teams and help shape and improve the operability of our systems and services. Your passion for understanding, reverse engineering and analyzing technical systems will directly impact the success of how our IT services operate.
Please note: To apply, you must have proven industry experience greater than 5 years. Applicants who are considered mid to senior level in experience are desired. Thank you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability and availability of global IT systems
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of production infrastructure
- Participate in rotating on-call incident response after normal business hours and on weekends
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations
- Manage a ticket queue of troubleshooting escalations, security vulnerability remediations and completing manual tasks that are not yet automated or require human touch
- Participate cross functionally with vendors and other IT engineering teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- In-depth experience deploying and maintaining monitoring and logging tools
- Must have strong automation/scripting skills -- proficiency in python or ruby is a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Understanding of Google domain management and administration
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge of version control software, github enterprise preferred
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency with Linux
- Familiar with LDAP, Active Directory, and SSO
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or EE, or relevant industry experience is required