Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We understand that an expert focus in a region helps to decode the local culture, in order to guide local marketing and content strategies. We are looking for an experienced LATAM Sr. Social Media researcher, for a role located in our Mexico City office. This role will mostly focussed on Spanish Speaking LATAM countries, notably Mexico & Colombia.
Senior Researchers at Netflix are a valued consumer consultant who partner with our regional content, marketing and editorial teams to help them tell incredible stories, and to help them develop world class campaigns.
Netflix and our shows are some of the most talked about entertainment brands on social media. In this role you will be sifting through millions of local social media conversations to identify trends and insights that enable you to deliver actionable recommendations.
We seek an individual who sees themselves in the following descriptions:
Can flourish in our unique company culture
Has a strong background in Spanish-Speaking LATAM focussed social media insights:
- Has lived and worked in Mexico or Colombia
- Mother-tongue in Spanish with business fluency in English
- Loves television and/or movies
- Ideally has worked in entertainment and media research and is passionate about content. If you haven’t worked in entertainment, tell us why your experience works in this role
- Understands how consumer behavior varies across different social networks in Mexico and Colombia.
- A social listening expert - you are well versed in the fundamentals of social listening in Spanish Speaking LATAM, and can apply those fundamentals to a suite of social listening tools (Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Netbase, Brandwatch, etc.)
- Fluent in Boolean - you are proficient in crafting advanced boolean queries that cast a wide net but weed out irrelevant chatter
- Familiar with social platforms’ native insights offerings (Facebook Insights, Facebook Audience Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc.)
- Is passionate about the social research industry, social data, it’s implications and has a finger on the pulse of industry trends and innovations
Approaches social analytics as investigative journalism:
- You are skeptical of an insight until you thoroughly investigate the underlying data
- You treat tentpole moments (new series announcements, trailers, series launch) as “breaking news” and quickly identify and socialize valid insights
- You are a serial hypothesis tester - instead of looking for specific answers, you like to explore the social web to uncover behaviors, and validates those behaviors with social data
- You are a trend hunter - you know how and where to spot emerging trends
Is a standout internal consultant & team member:
- Goes beyond cookie-cutter analysis and collaborates with internal partners to provide bespoke solutions
- Understands how to turn consumer insights from “he said she said” into actionable findings that move the business forward
- Looks for big themes - connects the dots and surface learnings from past research to apply today
- Has experience socializing research findings across different departments - PR, social, creative - and can pivot to the needs of each
- Is a phenomenal communicator, written and verbal - can write concise, thoughtful summaries on short timelines for executive audiences
- Grasps overall business objectives and larger strategic context of any work that is done
- Is aware of the nuances of social data, and closely partners with other researchers on the consumer insights team to tell a rounded story
- Is a self-starter, but loves working in a team and wants to avoid a silo environment
- At least 5-7 years of hands-on social media insights experience at a global/regional brand, agency consulting firm, network/studio or media publisher - at least 5 of these focussed in Mexico or Colombia
- A social media native - consumes social media as a user and studies it as a researcher
- University or Post Graduate Bachelor Degree
- Proficient in presentation, spreadsheet or word processing software (ideally some experience with the Google Drive suite)
- Experience presenting / socialising insights at all levels of an organisation (and esp. to non-researchers)
- Familiarity with BI software (Tableau, Micro Strategy) a plus
- Familiarity with other research methodologies (e.g. surveys, focus groups, etc) a plus