In this Software Engineering role, you'll join our engineering team with a focus on ensuring data across all of our customers accounts is as accurate as possible. Baremetrics customers trust us to provide them with accurate business insights across huge quantities of data, so the work you do will have real business impact for thousands of people.
The only base skill requirement for this is solid programming experience with Ruby and advanced SQL knowledge.
Our engineering team has a strong bias towards simplicity and we expect all team members to be self-motivated and to be able to communicate effectively in a fully remote setting.
Examples of projects you would work on
- Building in support for the many edge cases that come from external data sources
- Creating tooling to properly identify accuracy issues
- Building out our test suites to prevent accuracy regressions
- Building new data integrations
- Documenting edge cases we do/don't support
- Documenting how to integrate data sources for specific business scenarios
These are the technologies we use on the backend. Experience with any of them is a major plus, though the only absolute required experience is with Ruby and to have advanced knowledge and experience with SQL.
- Ruby, Rails, RSpec
- Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Many third-party APIs (Stripe, Braintree, Recurly, Chargebee, iTunes connect, Google Play store & more)
is a business analytics & insights company. We provide the tools and data businesses need to make solid business decisions.
Founded in 2013, we're working hard to help businesses spend less time crunching numbers and looking at spreadsheets and instead give them instant access to metrics and business insights that they need to run their businesses.
We're not some flash-in-the-pan startup...we're five years old, profitable, doing over $1M in revenue and growing
. Nearly 1,000 business from all over the world trust us to help them grow their businesses.
We're looking for folks who like to solve problems and build a business and product that people genuinely love to interact with.
- Work from anywhere (we're 100% remote)
- Minimum vacation policy
- Competitive salary ($75k-95k)
- Bonus structure
- Flexible work hours
- Full health, vision & dental insurance for you and your family
- Annual company meetups
- Kindle Paperwhite + Unlimited Books
- Monthly "remote stipend" that you can use for anything