Warby Parker is on the lookout for a well-rounded Software Engineer, Business Systems to join our 70+ person Technology team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for transforming innovative strategies into integral systems and tools that support all corners of our growing business. Our ideal candidate is a proactive, communicative collaborator equipped with the technical skills to oversee a product’s lifecycle and deliver high quality code. Ready to play a key part in shaping Warby Parker’s future and the eyewear industry overall? Cool. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and deploy innovative solutions for challenging problems within our Supply Chain, Merchandising and Planning, and Talent domains
- Partner with stakeholders to define a technical roadmap, propose improvements, and architect solutions to meet our ever-changing business needs
- Improve our business systems by building new features and modifying existing ones
- Participate in code reviews and help maintain high standards of code quality
- Deliver limited-defect products through ubiquitous test automation
- Collaborate with other members and leaders within the Technology team to refine best practices and processes
Who you are:
- Backed by at least 4 years of professional programming experience, a strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals, as well as data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Java, or C++)
- Knowledgeable about modern relational databases, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL
- A quick learner and thoughtful problem solver
- Skilled at designing RESTful APIs
- Experienced in Agile development and continuous delivery
- An excellent, empathetic communicator (in writing and in person!)
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with AWS
- A working knowledge of Linux or other UNIX systems
- Experience with business management systems and modules pertaining to supply chain, merchandising, product lifecycle, purchase orders, and/or enterprise resource planning
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!