About Makita USA Inc.:
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita utilizes leading-edge technology and innovation to engineer tools that are more compact with less weight yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita’s extensive line of cordless lithium-ion tools includes 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion, 18V Compact Lithium-Ion®, and 12V max Lithium-Ion Other best-in-class products include rotary and demolition hammers and saws equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology™ (AVT™), 4-Cycle outdoor power equipment, Super Joint System (SJS) grinders, miter saws engineered with Deep and Exact Cutting Technology (DXT), and more. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S.
As a Service and Repair Technician you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of electric, gas, cordless, and pneumatic power tool equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare tools and part orders for shipment as required
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Troubleshoots and identifies malfunctioning or inoperative equipment,
- Assembles and tests tools for specified performance.
- Notify customers of repair estimates, completed repairs, and orders ready for pick up
- Assists in maintaining appearance of facility in professional, clean, and organized manner, consistent with Makita’s brand image, on a daily basis.
Applicant Qualities Desired:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Develops project plans
- Completes projects on time and budget
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Bilingual a plus. (Spanish preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school; or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience repairing electric, pneumatic, and gasoline tools and equipment.
- 4 years as a skilled repair technician (preferred).
- Clean Driving Record
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement