Under general supervision, following well defined procedures while exercising independent judgment in application, performs clerical duties of moderate scope and complexity along with shipping and receiving to provide quality customer service a timely and accurate manner, while maintaining safety standards at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embraces and promotes brand values while delivering customer care principals.
- Assists in maintaining appearance of facility in professional, clean, and organized manner, consistent with Makita’s brand image, on a daily basis.
- Ability to create, edit, complete, and research repair and sales invoices in the computer.
- May handle monetary transactions and assist with the daily reconciliation of cash drawer.
- Receives tools for repair, creates repair job in computer, places tool in queue for repair.
- Prepare tools and part orders for shipment as required, completes daily shipping process.
- Checks all incoming stock orders against appropriate purchase orders and packing lists.
- Receives stock orders into computer system, puts stock away in designated locations.
- Assist in managing parts inventory accurately. Assist in physical inventory. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Assists in managing and maintaining office supplies.
- Keeps work and storage areas clean, safe, and secure.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- High school diploma/GED is required.
- Understanding of basic computer skills.
- Customer service skills and established rapport with Makita customers.
- Organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to communicate with Makita customers and department staff.
- Notify customers of repair estimates, completed repairs, and orders ready for pick up.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred but not required.
- Problem solving abilities to asses a situation and keep assigned projects moving forward and on track.
- Able to maintain processes and files with integrity.
ADDITIONAL SKILL AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Experienced with email, word processing, spreadsheet, and Power Point software.
- Knowledge of power tool types
- May be subjected to working overtime as required.
- This position requires ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, or reach.
- May occasionally be required to lift, push, or pull items up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in an environment that may be subjected to occasional loud noises and/or hazardous conditions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally, the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.