Credit Karma is a company, passionate about championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70M users in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Mortgage is one of the youngest and fastest-growing teams at Credit Karma. We are building products for one of the most complicated and stressful financial transactions our members will ever experience: buying their dream home. We help users understand how mortgages work, find a great realtor, and find the best mortgage for their needs. Since 2017 (our first year), our Mortgage business has grown over 90x, and that’s just the beginning!
We have been using React, GraphQL and TypeScript and launching new experiences on both mobile and desktop web. You will be building new features and drive technical direction in close collaboration with product, design, analyst and backend teams.
What You’ll Do
- Implement user-facing features using React and Apollo/GraphQL
- Own projects and the complete software development lifecycle
- Work closely with team members to build scalable features and systems
- Partner with designers, product managers, analysts, and program managers
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable UI components that will be used across our products
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
What’s great about the role
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisions of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business
- You'll have lots of opportunities to break new ground, discover and seek brand-new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about!
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience leading engineers and projects
- Experience implementing APIs that are used by the client (e.g. REST, GraphQL)
- Good understanding of how web browsers work
- Customer empathy and business focus
- Experience working on a multi-functional team
- Clear communication
Additional Experience You Bring
- Knowledge of the FinTech or Mortgage industry
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
- Experience with a modern web component frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.