Maintaining a fully-staffed restaurant every day is nearly impossible. Trying to do so can create havoc for management and staff, compromising quality of service and food for patrons. Likewise, restaurant workers want more control of their schedules and the financial security that comes with it.
We’re solving these massively painful problems through our real-time operations and logistics platform. Our veteran leadership team combines decades of experience in restaurants/hospitality (The French Laundry, Per Se, Rubio's, Amici's Pizza) and technology (eBay, Apple, Yahoo!, LinkedIn, Oracle, Luxe, AngelList), and we’re backed by a savvy team of investors and advisors, including Chef Thomas Keller of The French Laundry among others, who have created and funded some of the strongest brands across these industries (Yelp, YouTube, FitBit, Eventbrite, Blue Bottle Coffee, Boba Guys, Honor, MyFitnessPal, Kabam).
We are initially focused on transforming what is arguably the most important restaurant market in the world - San Francisco - with plans to bring our platform to other major markets in the US. We are already working with many of the best restaurants in the city and momentum continues to build. If you're interested in solving a big problem impacting a huge industry, then we might just be the right company for you.
We’re looking for a talented senior software engineer to dive in and leverage their impressive skills in further developing our product and supporting our ambitious vision. As one of the earliest engineers on the team, this is a prime opportunity for someone to have a lot of ownership and influence over what we’re building.
If you are smart, passionate about creating something huge and impactful, and love restaurants, then you could be just right for Pared.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Believes it's not OK to ship crappy software
- Has strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Is perhaps annoyed (as we all are) that browsers have so many different quirks, but takes pride in understanding and being able to account for them
- Cares a lot about good UX design
- Doesn’t skimp on tests and can swiftly debug issues
- Is comfy with Git, Git-flow, and GitHub
- Is willing to do the tedious things that make a good web app great
- Has a solid understanding of web security and web performance principles
- Experience building apps with backend integrations that were designed to handle poor network connectivity well
- Comfort with front end build tools (Webpack, Browserify, Gulp, Grunt, Node, npm)
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Experience with React Native
What We Can Offer You:
Great health/dental/vision coverage
Team Dinners at some of SF’s best restaurants
A place on a small team where you can make your mark and thrive
Meaningful equity in an early stage, venture-backed company
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at The Sourcery.