For one of our customers, an insurtech startup studio in Tel Aviv, Israel, we are looking for a Senior Service Designer that will help start-ups make their ideas a reality.
As a Senior Service Designer, you will help to change the game of the industry. In this unique environment, you will challenge the norm by strategically aiding ventures achieve what the industry hasn’t witnessed or experienced before. This is a transversal role. You will be able to learn a lot, and will have exposure to all levels of the organization at each stage of the development of their new and exciting ventures going from the pre-solidification phase (high level idea screening and ideation) over the solidification phase (incubation stage) to the MVP stage.
In their start-up environment, you will have exposure to working with a passionate, open- minded and innovative ecosystem that is always looking for game-changing ideas in the health, protection, insurance, mobility space. This is a hybrid opportunity that encompasses a mix of strategy, research and design. You will:
- Recommend when user research should be integrated into a project.
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights and identify opportunities into differentiating concepts, services, solutions.
- Plan, design and lead creation workshops to identify, evaluate and prioritize value propositions that are relevant for the defined target audience and market opportunities.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas.
- Craft future customer journeys based on the insights identified in the user research phase.
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
- Develop product messaging & narrative: positioning statement and key experience pillars / differentiation from the competition, pitch activities.
- Engage with freelancers to support the project team when required.
- Guide and mentor junior designers.
- Be a hands-on design expert.
We are looking for someone like you:
- You had a first experience working in a design thinking agency, working across different industries. You can showcase strong human-centered design capabilities.
- You're passionate about startups and entrepreneurship. B2B experience preferred.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you are comfortable with the fuzzy front- ends of innovation.
- You are resourceful when it comes to finding new tactics and unexplored opportunities.
- You can demonstrate how to marry the often conflicting worlds of customer desirability, commercial viability and delivery feasibility.
- You have what it takes to thrive in their team: an authentic personality, a no-nonsense approach, a relentless drive to learn, and an open mindset.
- You know how to adequately plan and conduct qualitative research.
- You have experience with conception and ideation.
- You feel comfortable in facilitating and planning workshops.
- You are able to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. You easily connect with people, and you have an open, empathic, proactive and to-the-point communication style.
- You have basic knowledge of Sketch and Invision.