Become a part of the team in charge of creating our products! This individual will be responsible for all things related to vegetable and produce sourcing, which is one of the largest areas of ingredients spend at Freshly. To support the company's growth, we are expanding our ingredients procurement team from 2 to 5 positions. This is a newly created, strategic role that requires organization and leadership, with a keen sense of accountability and timeliness in an exciting and fast-growing food company.
- Develop deep market intelligence for strategic ingredient categories by monitoring the category supply base, industry dynamics, and underlying price indices, and establishing senior level relationships in the vegetable and produce supply base.
- Develop aligned category strategies by understanding current and future business needs, with support from key stakeholders. Deliver at least one strategic category plan annually.
- Lead the negotiations for Master Supply Agreements with selected strategic suppliers.
- Create formula-based pricing agreements for pertinent food ingredients, which would include direct commodity, fx, and inflation inputs.
- Manage and lead supply and commodity risk strategy and mitigation plans for vegetable and produce sub-categories, including accountability for coverage strategyResponsible for category’s ingredient items for budgeting process as part of the annual operating plan (AOP).
- Manage purchase price variance (PPV) for pertinent ingredients in the category.
- Support the launch of new meal introductions and updated recipes by sourcing new ingredients, with close alignment with Quality/ Food Safety, Culinary, and Operations teams.
- Stay abreast on market trends, cost optimization, innovation and latest technologies to identify new ingredient opportunities by analyzing industry research and attending trade shows.
- Become Freshly’s vegetable and produce sourcing expert.
- Develop and maintain senior level relationships at strategic ingredient suppliers.
- Drive quarterly business reviews to review aligned KPIs with select, strategic ingredient suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Food Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 7 – 12 years of experience, with at least 3 years in strategic ingredients procurement.
- Have managed an annual food ingredient spend of at least $75 MM and continuously led agricultural ingredient sourcing of consistent categories for 2 or more years.
- Prior strategic vegetable and fruit sourcing experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of crop cycles, seasonality of ingredient purchases, and coverage strategies.
- Developed or refreshed one or more procurement category strategies with stakeholder alignment.
- Track record of identifying and delivering annual cost savings that meet or exceed target.
- Ability to support the tactical and operational needs, while not losing focus on the strategic.
- Must have strong influencing skills to ensure team success and to work with cross-functional partners.
- Strong analytical skills and computer proficiency, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Talent for communicating, influencing, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment - skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Optimistic, resourceful, and ready to take on any challenges!
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!