About the team
Samara is a team at Airbnb that is completely dedicated to exploring the future of human connection, building products and services that bring us closer to each other and ourselves. We partner closely with Airbnb, operating experimentally, and with the intention of bringing products to market that imagine, push, and clarify future models of living, as well as technological boundaries.
We are looking for an exceptional Interaction Designer to join our future-forward and growing team. This role is born from a desire to explore a medium-agnostic approach to designing special interactions for people, and the need to challenge the norm, understand humanity, and rigorously create better solutions through design.
We are makers and tinkerers who are dedicated to thinking bigger. We are obsessed with bridging the worlds of design, technology, and living, and relentless about surpassing mere functionality to design a future that is truly beautiful.
Once here you will
- Drive the concepting, prototyping (both high and low fidelity), exploration, and execution of new interactions, experiences, systems, and interfaces
- Build an exceptional product experience by nurturing radical, non-traditional, and nuanced design considerations
- Work collaboratively across industrial and architectural design, engineering, and product teams, communicating design
Experience we value
- Personal and significant contribution through all phases of design and development of new hardware products - from initial idea through shipment of product or service.
- Elevated level of taste, design aesthetic, and understanding of sustainable design practices
- Variety and fluidity of platforms and mediums where shipped / completed designs live
- Clear examples of ability to think outside the screen, to simplify, and to influence design through the use of engineering, prototyping, and non-traditional design methods
- Passion, bravery, and unwavering commitment to taking chances, problem solving, and furthering team-wide knowledge of radical new methods and design practices for products and services
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance & disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...