If data appears on a spreadsheet and no one is there to analyse it, does it actually exist? Maybe philosophy has no place in analytics, which is why Rhino Africa, the leading safari company in Africa, is looking for a curious and passionate Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst who is driven to unlock the story behind the data.
Partnering with the business teams, our BI Analyst will identify strategic and operational challenges across the company and provide trusted and timely insights that drive productivity and revenue growth. As Rhino Africa’s BI Analyst, you bring the technical ability to pull and stage data from multiple systems, the business acumen to analyse that data to pull out key findings, and the storytelling skills to communicate the results of your analysis in a way that business partners can consume and take action on.
As Rhino Africa’s Senior BI Analyst, you will:
- Assist business teams and management with the development and implementation of operational metrics, dashboards and reporting
- Develop SQL scripts for ad-hoc requests, analysis and for reporting issues or bugs.
- Be the bridge between business and technical teams by translating business needs into technical specifications.
- Keep improving automated data quality processes and alerts on data sets and reports.
- Continually evaluate, develop and implement new, meaningful methods for data analysis to inform the business teams about its performance
- Analyse historical figures to identify trends and help define strategies
- Lead deep dive analysis of sales pipeline, internal processes, and productivity
- Develop subject matter expertise on the key data sources for diverse business analysis
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing reports and dashboards and their underlying data sets
- Confidently present outcome of analysis and recommendations to executives and managers
- Provide leadership and mentoring within the business analysis community at Rhino Africa.
- Develop and work with prediction models
As Rhino Africa’s Senior BI Analyst, you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field; or relevant experience in Business Intelligence development
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence teams
- Experience creating data models to bring together datasets from multiple disparate systems in order to support data analysis
- The ability to analyse data to identify possible gaps, inconsistencies or quality issues on the numbers and figures.
- Experience with at least two of the following reporting suites: SSRS, Google Data Studio, Power BI, Looker or Tableau
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Java, DAX, MDX, Python
- Advanced SQL skills
- A strong understanding of relational databases and experience working and developing within a Data Warehouse environment.
- The ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to audiences from staff to senior executive level
A plus if you also bring:
- Experience delivering prescriptive and predictive analysis or ML models
- Prior experience with Salesforce
- Prior experience with Data Integration tools like Talend Open Studio or Pentaho Data Integration
- Prior experience with AWS (RDS, EC2)
Please note: Strict preference will be given to historically disadvantaged South African citizens
At Rhino Africa, you'll get to:
- Join the BI team of the fastest growing company in travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Do something that makes an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
- Kick back in our incredible bespoke HQ in Cape Town
- Make the most of exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own MannaBay, Silvan Safari Lodge as well as our newly launched Camissa House!