Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
As a SEC Reporting Analyst, you will support both the Senior Manager,
Technical Accounting and Senior Manager, Financial Reporting. You will work closely with the global
accounting and FP&A teams to deliver timely internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S.
GAAP. You will be responsible for assessing the impacts of new accounting pronouncements, conducting
accounting research, updating and maintaining the Company’s accounting policies, and implementing the
adoption of new accounting standards.
- Support Senior Manager, Technical Accounting to draft and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Work cross functionally with finance, legal and other business partners to gather information, and advise on accounting considerations
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and collaborate with business partners to drive their company-wide implementation
- Research and document the accounting treatment for new transactions and business initiatives
- Support Senior Manager, Financial Reporting in coordinating with external auditors to deliver timely audit, including planning and to support interim reviews
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual GAAP balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and statement of shareholders’ equity utilizing an online reporting tool
- Coordinate with regional controllers to prepare period on period fluctuation analysis
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting presentations and present to senior management
- Prepare external investor reporting and coordinate with investors on subsequent information requests
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual government reporting schedules
- Coordinate with FP&A team to support preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Develop best practices processes and controls around financial reporting including maximizing online reporting capability
- Supervision Responsibilities: No direct reports
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Certification preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience preferably with background with Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent and relevant financial reporting experience
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow; team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible.
We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best
people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of
life are encouraged to apply.