Wealthsimple makes financial tools that are easy, accessible, and transparent. We are on a mission to democratize access to world-class financial tools for everyone, regardless of age, net worth, background, or education. With over $5+ billion in assets under management and 175,000+ clients, we're the market leader in Canada and are fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the largest and most innovative fin-tech companies in the world. Join us and change the future of finance.
Engineering at Wealthsimple:
We have a high-performing engineering team that is doing real impactful work. Wealthsimple has several engineering teams ranging from product focused to back office. We practice Agile and XP methodologies with short iterations. We have a micro-service architecture and we practice continuous integration. We ship frequently, deploying our code 100-200 times a day.
Wealthsimple is seeking a security engineer to join our Monitoring & Security Analytics Platform Team. As a security engineering you will be working closely with the Data Engineering, IT, Fraud and Compliance teams to enhance the organizations audit, signals and threat detection capabilities by building and maintaining a world-class platform to track and prevent fraud and security threats. Wealthsimple is looking for someone with experience engineering and maintaining distributed systems at scale in order to enhance security & fraud capabilities within a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Engineer enhancements and support the security information and event monitoring analytics platform
- Create integrations with various cloud, network and endpoint security controls through their log events
- Create rules to identify common attacker techniques and tactics, and to raise alarms
- Create security & fraud oriented dashboards and other investigative elements
- Create automated incident response playbooks
- Create and deploy data enrichment to facilitate the above detections
- Collaborate across multiple teams including, Fraud, Cybersecurity, IT & Compliance to increase intelligence, faster response times and help prevent fraud and security threats
- Triage and resolve security vulnerabilities in the application layer and work with development teams to find and implement solutions.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for responding to security incidents, internal questions & bugs, or triaged bug bounty security reports
We're looking for someone who:
- Has experience working with Splunk and/or Elastic stack (Osquery, Beats, Logstash and Kibana)
- Someone who’s strongly security-minded, whether or not they have worked in formal security roles before
- Has strong leadership/communication skills with experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Takes ownership and see initiatives through
- Values open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent team
- Teaches and learns from their teammates. We value making others successful
- Believes that simple is better
Nice to haves (but not necessary):
- Understands cloud security (AWS) and microservice architecture
- Experience building a variety of data visualization dashboards
- Experience with distributed systems using Kafka, Hadoop, Neo4j and Spark
- Experience working with configuration management tools, Ansible, Salt, Puppet and/or Chef
- Experience with Java or Kotlin
- Experience in finding, responsibly disclosing, or resolving security vulnerabilities in open source software
- Experience with production databases (we use Postgres on RDS and Aurora)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Nomad or Swarm (we use Nomad and Consul)
- Experience working in the field of Information Security (InfoSec)
- Any of the following certifications: CISSP, CEH, Security+, or GSEC
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a company that is changing the relationship people have with money.
- Generous Group RRSP matching program, competitive salaries, stock options and incentives for the success of both yourself and the company.
- Daily catered lunches, cold brew, snacks, and fun company off-sites, but most importantly, great coworkers to enjoy them with!
- $500 annual fitness credit and $1,200 annual education credit
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, indigenous peoples, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates and candidates with disabilities.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.