Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Scrum Master at Venmo
A Scrum Master at Venmo guides an Agile team to ensure that agreed upon processes are understood/adhered, helps identify/eliminate impediments along the way, enables a safe/trusting environment for continuous flow with continual improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Guiding the team on Agile principles and values to enable a more self-organized team
- Assessing the Agile Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Training the team to plan multiple sprints ahead (with increased predictability) leveraging velocity metrics as a guide
- Helping to identify/eliminate impediments for the team as well as guiding the team to do the same
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or retribution with an emphasis on problem solving
- Facilitating discussions to enable collective/inclusive decision making as well as help with conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication while maintaining/improving transparency of information
- Supporting the Product Owner - especially with respect to refinement and maintaining the team backlog
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- 4-6 years experience playing the Scrum Master role in a software development team where Agile principles and values were diligently applied
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- High organizational/interpersonal skills with the ability to self manage priorities and manage multiple inflight priorities
- Data and metrics driven
- Passion for Agile SAFe methodology
How to Really Get Our Attention
- Certified SAFe Scrum Master or Certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.