Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If helping build a brand that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
This position is responsible for assisting the safety manager in developing and maintaining a culture of Safety at Freshly. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary.
Pay is $19-$21 per hour DOE.
- Provides safety support and information to plant staff.
- Assist in implementation of developed safety programs to continue to reduce work related injuries.
- Coordinate with operations leaders to analyze risks and needs within the department and develop solutions to enhance safety.
- Assist with incident investigations, to include assistance with development of corrective actions.
- Understand federal and state occupational safety regulations and assist in ensuring compliance.
- Assist in implementing changes as need be to correct safety trends and or maintain proper progression.
- Identify potential hazards throughout the plant, Make recommendations and provide potential solutions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Observe behavior of others.
- This position will consist of a mix of office environment with moderate to low noise levels and being in the food production plant which will require walking and differing noise levels and temperature changes. Daily use of a computer and phone system is necessary as well as interaction with staff, contractors and vendors.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, occasionally in extreme cold or heat from 34 to 90 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Have flexibility with regard to work hours in order to meet the needs of the employees and management team relative to accessibility, and visibility, across all shifts as needed.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- 1-3+ years experience working in a safety capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com
Here’s some chatter about us:
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!