Indiegogo is looking for an individual who is passionate about entrepreneurism, crowdfunding, and technology to help shape the go to market strategy for our platform. This position will be responsible for building and executing against the strategy that will launch our products to a global audience.
This role will span across the three main components of product marketing:
1) market research, opportunity sizing, and persona building,
2) go-to-market planning and launch execution, and
3) product roadmap development.
An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our value proposition in a way that clearly articulates how we solve our user’s problems. We’re looking for someone who’s obsessed with tracking performance and will get the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. This role is highly cross-functional and will work with the Marketing, Sales, Trust & Safety, Design, Product, and Engineering teams as well as external partners as needed.
- Be an expert on our customers: who they are, what they value, where they buy, and why
- Understand the broader crowdfunding ecosystem and develop strategic product direction and positioning
- Perform market segmentation and opportunity assessment initiatives to help our marketing, sales, and product teams deliver more value to our core audience of backers and entrepreneurs
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Develop and execute marketing plans to drive product adoption and support long term growth
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns on an ongoing basis
- 3+ years as a product marketing manager or product manager, or 5+ years professional experience as a strategic marketer, brand marketer, management consultant, or similar
- Analytical, data-driven individual who has a bias towards action
- Demonstrated ability to take large, complex concepts and distill into intuitive ideas through storytelling
- Highly self-motivated leader with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, product, design, sales, customer support, and marketing teams
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, startup environment
- Passionate about solving problems and has demonstrated ability to put their users and team before themselves
- Experience in the crowdfunding space
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner.
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people — and so are we. We are a group of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO