Shopify powers over 800,000 merchants around the world, and we’re just getting started. The International team is a product line within Shopify, with the mission to make commerce better for everyone… everywhere!
Shopify is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial place to work where you'll be collaborating with some talented folks. Your colleagues in Japan, Canada, and around the world will be people who have founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of success. We've redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes around the world sell their products and services online and off. We continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets. Come join us!
Requirements for this role:
- At least 5 years of experience in product management, business development, or general management at a fast-paced technology company
- Strong understanding of the Japanese e-commerce ecosystem and possesses a strong network within the space
- Significant experience managing and scaling cross-functional teams
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoys being hands on
- A proven, data-driven approach
- A team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Native Japanese and proficient English
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
You will be working on things like:
- Lead and manage a cross-functional team
- Contribute to the development of Shopify's go-to-market strategy in Japan
- Delve deep into the problems our Japanese merchants face, so we can enhance our local product to better serve them
- Help uncover and identify product gaps and work with the global product team to implement product changes
- Drive Shopify to become a fully localized product and experience for our merchants
- Track and analyze performance metrics
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Allie is looking forward to reviewing your submission.