Zynga is looking for an expert senior software engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions?
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll develop and monitor critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high quality mechanics that scale! Come join us … and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
You will be developing primarily in a PHP, NoSQL and Amazon AWS based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
Additionally, you will also:
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in PHP
- Apply cloud (AWS) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Troubleshoot production issues and looking for future improvements
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
- Help mentor other specialists in core language and technology struggles.
- You will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be able to work on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Strong devops experience with Amazon AWS and CI/CD tools(Jenkins, Chef, Terraform)
- Strong programming experience in PHP/LAMP
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide effective feedback to team members
Bonus points for:
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Experience with GIT
- FaceBook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.