Wealthsimple makes financial tools that are easy, accessible, and transparent. We are on a mission to democratize access to world-class financial tools for everyone, regardless of age, net worth, background, or education. With over $5+ billion in assets under management and more than 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we're the market leader in Canada and are fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the largest and most innovative fin-tech companies in the world. Join us and change the future of finance. Read our Culture Manual
to learn more about us and how we work.
Reporting to the Director of People Operations and working closely with our finance team partners, the Payroll and Benefits Specialist will provide transactional support for multi-location payroll (including Quebec and the US), as well as administering group health benefits in both Canada and the US. This is an opportunity to build strong and scalable processes, practices and workflows to ensure smooth, compliant, and timely administration of our payroll.
In this role, you will:
- Own the end to end payroll and benefits operations including onboarding and enrolment, status changes, leave management (pregnancy, parental, and disability), and offboarding
- Provide advice on best practices on routine as well as complex payroll transactions, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Work in collaboration with our People Operations Generalist to develop workflows and processes to smooth the information flow and increase data accuracy in our HRIS
- Develop strong relationships with our payroll providers to quickly troubleshoot issues, including amending ROE’s, special pay runs, and other time sensitive transactions
- Respond to any CRA inquiries on ROE reason codes
- In collaboration with the Director of People Operations, work with our benefits partners including carriers and brokers on plan design and renewals
- Administer our Group RSP and 401k program
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a payroll certification (PCP or CPM)
- Has 5+ years of experience processing payroll and administering employee benefits
- Has experience in both multi-province (including Quebec) and US payroll practices and relevant legislation
- Takes initiative - strong personal accountability for high quality work, actively finds opportunities for improvement
- Has strong time management skills, adhering to dates and deadlines ensuring completion
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice-To-Haves (BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Experience with BambooHR and Gusto people platforms is considered an asset
- Experience with the Great West Life administration portal
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a company that is changing the relationship people have with money.
- Generous Group RRSP matching program, competitive salaries, stock options and incentives for the success of both yourself and the company.
- Daily catered lunches, cold brew, snacks, and fun company off-sites, but most importantly, great coworkers to enjoy them with!
- $500 annual fitness credit and $1,200 annual education credit
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, indigenous peoples, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
Accommodations: If you are an individual who requires accommodations please let us know. Wealthsimple aims to provide accommodation throughout its hiring process and beyond.