We’re looking for an Operations-minded pro who also loves the world of creative and is at heart, a Creative too! Our current org is set up with a large in-house creative team who handles design, animation, illustration, video editing, copywriting, and more. We need a member from the Operations Team who will be a liaison to this creative group in the day-to-day management of all of our creative processes and workflow, and someone who will be able to think big picture about what will take our Creative Operations to the next level. The right candidate will thrive in high-pressure, high-volume settings, and be comfortable communicating with both our Creative Team as well as our Account Teams. If you love to problem solve creatively, can balance the “birds-eye-view” with being ultra detail oriented, look for innovative ways to produce greater efficiency, and enjoy cross-functional collaboration, this role could be the perfect fit for you!
● Process & Workflow Management & Thought Leadership: Ensuring process efficiency and efficacy - “Does the current process allow our designers/animators to thrive and do their best work? Do we have a set up that allows us to stay nimble and respond to client requests quickly? Is there a reason to assess aspects of the “how we do things” so that we can be better as a creative team?”
● Resource Management: Receiving all incoming creative requests for approximately 25-30 on-going projects from Account Teams; understanding our Creatives (designers/animators/editors/illustrators/etc) and their unique skill sets to determine the right person for the request, and balancing the bandwidth across the team. Assigning daily and weekly tasks to the right people for shorter and longer sprints.
● Project Management: Plan ahead for current projects as well as upcoming projects to assess where we may need to hire ahead on the Creative Team and where our resource gaps may be. Plan out Creative bandwidth as much out in advance as possible to creative workflow stability. Change direction quickly as needed and communicate to the right stakeholders when plans change.
● Communication: Lead daily conversations with various creative team members as well as Account Team members to assess priorities, get the right people onboarded to the right tasks, and to create new project plans as needed to balance between all the competing deadlines.
● Team Management: Partner with VP of Creative to oversee the overall team management of the creative branch (hiring decisions, team building events, having a pulse on team health).
● General Operations: Active team member on the Ops Team to help support with broader Operations Team projects and initiatives, representing the Creative team POV. Serve as the primary POC for Creative Team members to the Ops Team and provide operation guidance to help keep the Creative Team functioning at top efficiency and efficacy levels, following the correct procedures and processes, training as needed, and disseminating information to the right people at the right time.
● Other duties as assigned.
● 3-5 years of relevant work experience
● Prior experience working with a Digital Marketing/Advertising, Social Media, Youtube Management, and/or entertainment technology company
● Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
● Ability to understand the skillsets required to execute on a creative request (static, video, illustration, etc. and the unique technical skills required for specific executions)
● Experience managing a team or direct report
● Experience working with a project management tool (Workfront, Mavenlink, Jira, Basecamp, Wrike, etc.)
● Working knowledge of key Social Media platforms: Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
● Must be available to work in Los Angeles, at our Playa Vista HQ office
● Ability to balance competing deadlines and not easily overwhelmed by volume or pace of work
● Ability to receive and run with specific direction and take initiative to provide creative alternatives when met with a challenge
● Excellent time management skills, organization skills, and the ability to quickly switch gears between various competing priorities
● Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
● Ultimate team player - humble, respectful, always willing to contribute for the greater good of the team
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.