We are seeking a crafty iOS developer who loves mobile application development. We are looking for someone who has a track record of developing beautiful iOS apps. If you're a person who knows how to estimate levels of effort, manage their time and take ownership of a project while meeting deadlines with quality, then read on...
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we are a growing company developing desktop, web, cloud, and mobile applications for our suite of robotic cameraman products. We also have branch offices in San Diego, CA and San Antonio, TX.
- Work with UX Designers, Mobile Architects and other Developers to build consumer mobile applications that deliver both live streaming and ondemand video content.
- Integrate mobile apps with RESTful web services including our own, as well as other common social media platforms.
- Design and build consumer scale iOS mobile applications that are reliable, and easy to use
- Collaborate both in person and remotely with other developers and stakeholders on mobile application design and user experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience required.
- 3+ years of experience developing iOS applications.
- Deep understanding of the iOS platform and SDK (ObjectiveC, Swift, Xcode)
- Extensive knowledge of iOS common software design patterns, including the ones
- needed to develop connected applications with highperforming UI
- High level understanding of web application frameworks and web service integration
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST and SOAP
- Experience working within an Agile software development process, particularly Scrum
- Experience with source code management using GIT code repositories, and managing
- multiple code branches
- Experience with HLS HTTP Live Streaming protocol
- Experience with RTSP streaming
- Experience with MPEG Transport Stream
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 and sign in via Facebook, Google, Twitter
- Familiarity with common social media video platforms: Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Vine, LiveStream, Periscope, Meerkat, Twitch, Ustream, etc.
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Talented and passionate about new technologies and mobile ecosystem
- Experience with a well known or widely successful mobile application
- Can lead a project through a full life cycle (planning, executing, delivery)
- Knowledge and willingness to educate and mentor more junior engineers
- Good communication skills are critical
- Quality oriented mindset, attention to details
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- PTO & Sick Days
- Paid Vacation
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen (San Mateo)
Soloshot Inc., through its proprietary line of auto-tracking robotic cameras, enables people to capture life’s greatest moments without disturbing them. SOLOSHOT began as a way for surfers to film themselves but created a revolutionary new camera category that combines precision robotics and intelligent software to make tracking, editing, sharing, live streaming and capturing the primary angle accessible to all consumers.
SOLOSHOT was founded and bootstrapped by a passionate group of traveling surfers, kiteboarders, artists and filmmakers who also happened to be engineering, manufacturing and operational experts.