Makita is a worldwide leader in the professional power tool industry. Over the past 100 years we've built a reputation for using the finest raw materials, the most advanced manufacturing equipment, and the most rigorous quality testing in the industry. Headquartered in La Mirada, CA, Makita U.S.A, with offices in Chicago, Illinois, Wilmer, Texas and Buford, Georgia, has been bringing Makita's best-in-class engineering advantage to professional power tool users in America since 1970.
Performs an integral role in maintaining control of all inventory items purchased and produced. Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures. Is highly skilled in commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the inventory control field. Has good working knowledge of the pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under general supervision. Primary job functions will typically require exercising independent judgment. All responsibilities are carried out in a safe manner with the goal of providing customer satisfaction to our internal and external customers, consistent with Makita’s company values.
- Demonstrates the ability to use BPCS, RP WMS and RF gun proficiently.
- Under general supervision, performs cycle counts, change inventory status as needed, enters inventory adjustments and verifies inventory transactions
- Is able to perform a wide range of IC tasks to include analyzing historical inventory movements, evaluating velocity reports to determine optimal product placement etc.
- Maintain master data records in WMS such as foot prints and location parameters
- Follows SOP processes to reconcile and balance inventory variances between 2 operating systems.
- Generate and/or reconcile various daily reports as required
- Proficient with basic MS Office functions ( Excel, Word, Power Point) Intermediate level or above
- Will assist in assigning replenishments as well as resolving issues
- Responsible for assisting in the execution of physical inventory.
- Complies with all safety, customer compliance, and security procedures.
- Routinely communicates with other warehouses, customer service and outside 3PL providers
- Focuses on satisfying both internal and external customers with near 100% accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work load requirements.
- Maintains neat, orderly, clean and safe work areas; this can and will include sweeping, dusting, trash disposal and other miscellaneous sanitation duties as assigned.
Required Job Competencies
- Demonstrates the ability to use BPCS, RP WMS and RF gun proficiently
- Team skills: ability to work with other departments as needed to coordinate workload and manpower needs.
- Communication skills: ability to work and communicate with outside sources, peers and management.
- Good attention to accuracy and detail.
- Understands the general concepts of inventory control and is able to analyze data and historical movements to reconcile inventory variances, shipping errors etc
- Must have problem solving abilities, able to interface with all departments, must be able to retain information and have excellent follow – up skills
- Ability to operate power material handling equipment.
- Assist in the development of SOP’s within the departments and follow thru on those instructions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize work assignments to ensure timely completion of assigned work.
Education, Skills and/or Experience Needed:
High school diploma or its equivalent and 3-5 years of experience performing inventory operations in a distribution environment.
- Working knowledge of the principles of inventory control.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented and able to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent math skills and analytical thought processes.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Proficient with desk top computer applications
- 10 Key data entry
- May be subject to overtime as required, weekends or irregular hours.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop or reach for extended time. Requires the ability to lift, push, pull, items up to 35 lbs
- Ability to work in an environment that is sometimes hot or cold, and subject to occasional load noises and / or hazardous conditions.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, veteran status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information, medical (including genetic characteristics or cancer diagnosis), actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is prohibited. Additionally, the Company will provide registered domestic partners with all rights and benefits as required by Law. The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) prohibits employers from requesting or requiring genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.