We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to support and maintain the core components of our financial platform and scale it to serve millions of users across the world. The technical scope of the project is broad and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done.
- Assist in infrastructure migration process to IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Build and deploy monitoring and alerting systems across our entire infrastructure
- Complete migration to CI/CD deployment model
- Support integration projects with 3rd party services (Payment Rails, SMS/Email, KYC, Analytics, etc.)
- Build, maintain, and own InfoSec compliance efforts by implementing and enforcing appropriate processes and standards across the organization
- Maintain, review, propose and implement improvements to existing infrastructure, tools and processes
- Tinkerer- you love to try out new tools and technologies to further improve the platform.
- Technology Toolbox- you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Leader- you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven- experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Global Thinker - you have the passion to deploy a service that is truly global and love the chance to solve complex problems that arise from this.
- 3+ years experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Splunk)
- Expert knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElasticCache, VPC, VPN, EMR, CloudDeploy, Kinesis, Redshift)
- Proficiency in Cloud and Application Security, and Certification (ISO-27001, SOC 1, SOC 2)
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Proficiency in Agile development process
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
- Bonus: Certifications in Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Preferred skills & experience:
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.