Rubrik is seeking a Head of Information Security Programs, reporting to the VP & CISO to provide strategic leadership and planning across the information security department while maximizing the value of the team to support goal and priority alignment through operational metrics. Lead and deploy the security mission, strategy and vision cross-functionally to all departments within Rubrik, ensuring alignment. Responsible for all day to day operations of department: budgeting, hiring, communications, operating rhythms and process, policy and technology improvements. Conduct analysis on financials, strategy, and operations and advise the CISO with concise, specific recommendations. Develop, implement, manage, and scale security awareness and education campaigns. Key partner and driver on the outreach, marketing, and communications initiative to show leadership and brand impact around Rubrik security initiatives, including a focus on diversity.
- Develop strategy to integrate Information Security into every critical business process and promote Security successes, standard methodologies, and unusual value proposition internally and externally
- Analyze business to identify key metrics and opportunities for effective execution; drive associated initiatives to improve business performance and exceed business objectives
- Develop and track key critical metrics across the team to track strategic goals, landmarks and accomplishments
- Create a security portfolio management function, with robust security program management, project management, metrics, etc.
- Manage the cadence, content and logistics for business, operational, and strategic reviews. This includes agenda development, initiative tracking and ensuring efficient/productive meeting logistics and facilitation. Utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive transparency, and facilitate alignment.
- Engage with finance partners to drive business data analysis to make and execute strategic decisions
- Partner with HR Business Partner and implement HR processes to drive a culture of opportunities.
- Act as key liaison representing the Information Security organization and collaborate with team to drive consistent processes across People planning, Recruiting & Onboarding efforts, Employee engagement, etc.
- Develop and encourage strategic change and business transformation efforts
- Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to convert strategic concepts into execution in a pragmatic manner.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple Security programs as part of an Enterprise Security Program and organization in an organized and prioritized manner.
- Ability to consider cross-functional perspectives and drive common ground solutions.
- Coordinate, plan, and track budget and spending against plan to ensure investment of resources based on company priorities and capability maturity model
- Demonstrates natural learning agility and personal flexibility in a fast paced, change-oriented environment.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation, influencing and leadership skills will be essential.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.