Wealthsimple is on a mission to change the lives of real people by making investing more accessible, transparent and appealing around the globe. We have an inclusive and collaborative team in London that we are looking to grow!
We have the best of both worlds by having the option to work on startup type projects with new tech whilst also having our established and very successful business to draw upon in North America (£3 billion in assets & 150,000 clients already). We are creating a diverse and inclusive culture and are dedicated to creating a company with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. Please read our culture manual (https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/culture/
) to learn more about us and how we work.
Our London based team, operates in an agile way and has an emphasis on creating great products. Our awesome full stack team is leading the way with a series of new products that are specifically being developed for the European market. We are hastily growing with plans to double the full stack team in the next 6 months or so!
We have a platform that allows people to easily and quickly invest their money into globally diversified portfolios without minimum account balances or high fees. Everything we do is with the aim of making investing more appealing, exciting and accessible to a broader audience. Our UK team are working together on bringing this platform to Europe and are now building from scratch a multi-tenant platform to enable this. We are partnering with financial institutions throughout Europe to help even more people take control of their investments.
Our Tech Stack
- (This is what we use, not what we need from you. We're more interested in your problem-solving
- abilities than specific languages or frameworks)
- TypeScript built on NodeJS and React Native
- Agile development practices
- Continuous integration
- AWS/Docker/Kubernetes based infrastructure - infrastructure as code
For this role, you are:
- A team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other grow.
- Someone who is constantly looking to learn, grow and aspire to the next level.
- Comfortable with agile development and enjoys shipping frequently. We love to ship it here at Wealthsimple!
- Great at delivering well-designed and tested software.
- Someone who enjoys tackling new, complex problems on a regular basis and enjoys thinking through them holistically from a client's perspective.
- The person who wants to raise the bar and believes that simple is better!
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SQL databases and designing robust APIs.
- A broad range of experience! We're a small team and if you have other skills and experiences (e.g. building tooling, analytics), all the better.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Talented and great co-workers to work alongside!
- Very competitive salary w/ bonus + stock options
- Free daily lunches and snacks
- Flexible hours and working from home policy
- Mentoring culture - being mentored to the next level in your career and/or mentoring others
- 6 months fully paid Maternity/Paternity
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Learning and development budget
- Free financial advice
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We are dedicated to creating a company with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
Accommodations: If you are an individual who requires accommodations please let us know. Wealthsimple aims to provide accommodation throughout its hiring process and beyond.