Mentally Friendly is looking for a friendly, communicative, problem solver to join our Happy Team and deliver elegant, human-centred, production-ready software.
You will have regular contact with the client and will be expected to clearly communicate your ideas and concerns to them. Everyone at Mentally Friendly is a consultant for our clients; offering recommendations and support to our clients in areas beyond their job description.
Mentally Friendly uses an agency Agile method to run its projects which means you'll require the ability to quickly respond to changes in the product's requirements. But you’ll also be expected to contribute to those requirements. Mentally Friendly believes in empowering you to become the best you can be; therefore you will be encouraged to take ownership of the products you're involved in. We prefer to support rather than manage.
We're offering you the opportunity to make a difference in a friendly, collaborative environment while contributing to products which deliver well-being outcomes for organisations in the health, education, education, finance, and government sectors.
- An expert in your field and able to clearly communicate your ideas and concerns to your team and to the client.
- A confident and motivated individual with an action bias and a growth mindset.
- Applying a consultative approach to working on projects and with clients.
- Collaborating with your team and the client in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery.
- Responsible for estimating your own tasks and managing your own workflow to meet the deadlines which you will have set with your team.
- Able to recognise when problems should be escalated to product managers or advisors.
- Deciding which technology to use for a project and how to implement it.
- Able to judge if a product feature provides enough value to justify the cost to the client.
- Able to adapt to Mentally Friendly's processes, but able to suggest improvements.
- Able to receive constructive criticism.
- Highly proficient in using SCSS/LESS to create beautiful and responsive layouts.
- Highly proficient in using modern HTML to create accessible and SEO friendly pages.
- Proficient in using cloud platforms like AWS, Netlify, or Firebase.
- Proficient in using NoSQL databases; i.e. MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Proficient in using version control; i.e. GitHub.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with building Node and Express applications.
- Experience with building React Native apps.
- Experience with building Electron apps.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment services like CodeShip.
- Experience with building interactive, digital prototypes.
- Experience with creating clean, modern, well-documented code.
- An awareness of creating 3D/AR products.
Mentally Friendly is a digital product studio delivering world class digital products that deliver well-being at scale. We work with organisations in the health, education, education, finance, and government sectors.
Nestled between Surry Hills and Redfern, we offer a relaxed studio space designed for productivity and comfort. And we have an office dog called Murray.
We believe that having fun is a key ingredient to producing great work - especially when project delivery dates are approaching. Everyone's birthday is celebrated with a song and a slice of cake. There is an informal PT club held at lunchtime once a week. And we often get together for BBQs in the park across the road, team dinners, and the odd ten pin bowling tournament.
Every Thursday we hold a "Story Time" where you'll have to opportunity to listen to either a guest speaker or learn about other projects being completed at Mentally Friendly. All while enjoying a schooner of our very own brewed beer and a nibble of cheese. The development team meets each week where we talk about on-going projects, new technology, and we set each other challenges in the form of Code Golf.
If you're interested in applying; please provide us with a link to your portfolio, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and your contact details.
We are happy to sponsor visas for the right international candidate.