Director of Data and Analytics
As a Director of Data and Analytics, you will lead a team to deliver meaningful data products and internal data infrastructure for CircleCI. At CircleCI, data drives product focus, go to market strategy, system performance, behavioral insights, product opportunities, and is a product itself. Success in this role will directly improve how software is developed around the world over.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 7M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
About Data at CircleCI
The Data team is expanding from analysis and research to data product within CircleCI. Today, the Data team works closely with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and User Experience to create actionable insights from the millions of builds performed every week on CircleCI. The Data team is critical to CircleCI success. As a result, the team supports highly cross-functional initiatives that rely heavily on data and user-research to drive decision making and deliver features or improvements as a continuous flow.
- Wear multiple hats as product manager, team lead, analyst, strategist, and evangelist
- Work with the executive team to establish a data strategy and then make it real
- Work with department heads to establish internal infrastructure to support their data needs
- Support and build a team of Scientists, Analysts, and Engineers to deliver the data strategy
- Act as Product Manager for a series of data products
- Maintain a data product roadmap to make software development more efficient
- Enrich a data-driven environment to make analysis and data-decisioning easier
- Establish predictive data intelligence to improve customer efficiencyImprove the data pipeline and representations to drive value efficiency
- Imagine and implement effective A/B style tests that create actionable product changes
- 5+ years experience establishing and maturing a team to drive data strategy
- 10+ years as a Data Product Manager or related role owning delivery of a data strategy
- Deep knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and DevOps concepts
- Experience and comfort with the technical aspects of software development
- Knowledge of the software development tools, the services ecosystem, and key industry players
- Understanding of software and Cloud/SaaS business models, economics/financials (TCV, ACV, ARR), and key success metrics
- Proficient working with executives, stakeholders, and data product owners to present and deliver on data initiatives
- Working knowledge of ML and NLP techniques
- Working knowledge of inferential statistics, p-values, confidence intervals, t-tests, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate in both 1:1 and group environments such as customer calls, conferences, and meet-ups
- Proven organizational skills and experience with remote workforces
- Experience with Kanban, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery is a plus
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.