Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma depends upon our users' trust. We earn and maintain that trust by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information. The Trust & Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma's members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Start and manage multiple teams focused on operational fraud control -- including fraud operations and BSA/AML
- Overseeing the development of effective metrics to measure performance and fraud systems
- Work closely with our member support team to develop processes and technology to respond to customer complaints and disputes
- Work closely with our engineering and data science teams to prioritize feature and product development
- Leading, controlling, and measuring the performance of strategies to control fraud
- Manage vendors and vendor relationships
- Budgeting, staffing, and planning for operational fraud teams
What we are looking for:
- Over ten years of experience in banking and finance in a compliance, fraud or security role
- At least five years experience managing and growing teams, including operational team
- Knows how to hire, grow, and retain talent
- Experience scaling teams from zero to fully operational in short times
- A keen eye for building operational excellence and improving processes
- Deep understanding of financial fraud -- from ACH Fraud, Kiting, Check Fraud to Card Fraud and New Account Fraud to Anti-Money Laundering to Synthetic Identities
- Strong organizational and process management skills
Additional experience you bring:
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff to meet deadlines, complete important time sensitive tasks & adapt quickly to last minute changes
- Strong relationships in the banking industry and government to maintain best practices and collaborate with industry experts and professionals
- Strong knowledge of BSA, AML, OFAC, US Patriot Act, Red Flags Rule, Reg E and related laws
- Expert knowledge of KYC processes and implementations
- Experience at a FinTech company
- BA/BS degree in relevant major or equivalent practical experience
- A fun and positive attitude
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.