About this Role
As Director, Business Development Team, you will be responsible for the revenue achievement of a team of FiscalNote outside sales executives. This role includes responsibility for new logo and cross-sell activities and financial outcomes.
About the Business Development Team
The Business Development Team at FiscalNote is the key touchpoint for our client-focused approach. Our mission is to help our clients identify challenges and provide innovative, data-driven, and practical solutions to better navigate risk, opportunity, and uncertainty. We leverage our platform of software and information-services products to empower people and organizations with the right information at the right time. FiscalNoter’s on the Business Development Team, both experienced and new professionals, gain opportunities for learning and professional development in a diverse and innovative culture, rooted in our company values and mission. Our workspace, located in downtown Washington D.C., champions our culture through a vibrant, modern, open-concept that still offers privacy, fostering collaboration and success. Our team is committed to being a good neighbor, woven into the fabric of the DC-metro area community, and continually looking for new opportunities to support our neighbors.
- You are an experienced outside sales professional who has a track record of successfully selling a SaaS and/or information services product to senior buyers at large corporations, associations, and nonprofits.
- Lead a sales team to exceed goals in a SaaS environment while fostering growth and continuous improvement
- Your sales experience includes success selling an “evangelical” product that requires a new way of thinking for the buyer and a product that does not fit into a pre-existing budget line-item.
- You consider yourself, first and foremost, a coach of individual contributor sales professionals.
- Comfortable making quantitative plans to guide your team to financial success and goal achievement.
- Hold yourself and those around you to standards of excellence.
- Take pride in creating inclusive, collaborative and high-performing team environments.
- Effectively collaborate with peer business development managers, and colleagues across functions.
- Willing to make decisions for the best interest of our customers and the firm as a whole.
- You are excited about the opportunity to build a great company by building foundational excellence, adapting to change and managing a team through the same.
- You are intellectually-curious, with and aptitude in public affairs and current events.
What To Expect:
- Master the FiscalNote product suite in order to lead by example and support your team.
- Drive new business growth through successful management techniques of a SaaS sales team.
- Through content and in-person events, immerse into the public affairs and current affairs issues that most impact our customers.
- Develop and document metrics-based annual plans for your team to meet and beat quarterly growth expectations.
- Identify skill gaps among the members of your team and actively coach them, in conjunction with internal partners, to close those skill gaps.
- Actively join your sales executives at in-person and virtual sales meetings.
- Inspire your team to strive for their best and grow.
- Hold your team members accountable to performance standards.
- Actively guide the operations of the company and influence the direction of the product as a member of the Business Development leadership team.
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.