We are looking for a DevOps engineer to help build the world’s first outbreak detection system for contagious disease.
At Kinsa we are driven by our mission to track and stop the spread of contagious illness
. We use data analytics and machine learning to forecast where and when illness will break out. Our award winning
connected thermometers provide the sensor network needed to collect real-time, geolocated, clinically accurate health data. We've proven that our data can accurately track the spread of influenza in communities weeks ahead of the US Centers for Disease Control
The Kinsa platform is responsible for securely collecting data from Kinsa smart thermometers and other sources, then analyzing and presenting the insights gleaned from the data so we can track and help stop the spread of contagious diseases.
You will be exposed to, and able to contribute using a large variety of technologies including Terraform, AWS, and Python
There are three key characteristics of our team and culture that we hope resonate with you:
- Passion: The Kinsa team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than themselves, they have a real passion in working toward a solution for a widespread social issue. Our work is stimulating, meaningful and has purpose.
- Commitment: We are committed to our mission, to each other, as well as a healthy work-life balance. We know a well-rested engineer is going to be happier, write better code, and build better systems. We strive for and support this balance while keeping enough gas in the tank to power through when it is all hands on deck to solve a pressing issue.
- Efficiency: We are a startup, and we are proud of our work so far but there is a lot more work to be done. Moving fast is the result of good planning, decision making, and execution.
- Design and implement scalable and performant infrastructure.
- Establish and implement sensible and robust security policies for our AWS cloud deployments
- Support and improve our CI/CD pipeline
- Help migrate towards serverless architecture
- Support API engineers, data engineers, and data scientists
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in DevOps, or backend server development
- Strong knowledge of AWS, particularly VPC, IAM, S3, Lambda, load balancers, RDS
- Experience with Terraform or similar IaC tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience writing scripts in Python
- Interest in security
Nice to have
- Ability to design database schemas and write SQL queries
- Experience implementing APIs
- Interest in healthcare
At Kinsa, we are driven by our mission of tracking and stopping the spread of contagious disease while simultaneously giving families the tools and information they need to stay healthy.
We are technologists, designers and health professionals who have built best-selling products, started successful ventures, and brought life-saving treatments to millions of people. We are backed by successful entrepreneurs and top VCs like Kleiner Perkins and FirstMark Capital.
Who We're Looking for
We are actively hiring talented, mission-driven engineers who want to grow, learn, and help make the world a healthier place.
Given the diversity of technologies we use, we prefer self-starting generalist engineers who can dive into systems and make meaningful changes quickly. We are also looking for strong specialists who can teach the rest of us how things should be done!
Come join our team and do good!