Our mission is to help people everywhere build and deliver software at the speed of imagination. As a developer advocate at CircleCI, you will have extensive influence over our voice, content, community building, and ecosystem.
This is a position for engineers who love connecting with developers and speaking publicly about developer productivity and team success on conference panels, at user groups, on blogs, in docs, and internally. Your work grows and sustains the large community of developers in Japan who rely on CircleCI as a fundamental part of their daily work.
As our first community manager and developer advocate in Japan, you will be responsible for creating our programs from the ground up. You will own both the strategy and execution for reaching and growing our audience in Japan. The ideal candidate is a passionate CircleCI user who deeply understands our product, and also has an affinity for community management and marketing.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 7M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
- Define and execute the marketing and evangelism plan to reach developers in Japan, including managing budget and regular reporting
- Speak at conferences on behalf of CircleCI, organize meetups, and host events
- Create and run our user groups in Japan
- Monitor and respond to technical questions in Japanese on Twitter, Stack Overflow, Quora, our Discuss community, and elsewhere
- Create Japanese content that speaks to our audience of developers: conference talks, blog posts, videos, and more
- Advocate with product, marketing, engineering, and revenue teams for changes we can make on behalf of our customers -- report on issues our customers are having, what other players in the space are doing, and where we can make improvements
- Be the main point of contact, editor, and translator for the marketing and localization team to help make sure communications are technically correct and tonally appropriate for our audience
- You have built, run, and scaled user groups in Japan for a tech company in the past.
- You have previous experience as a developer advocate and/or community manager
- You have a deep understanding of CI/CD and DevOps more generally.
- You should be familiar with our product and be able to articulate _why_ CircleCI can help engineering teams be more productive, happier, and successful
- You are self-directed and strategic: the ideal candidate will be able to set a course, articulate why that course will deliver the highest value and impact to the company, and execute on that direction
- You enjoy networking, hosting events, and speaking -- we’re looking for someone who is energized by meeting new people
- You have native-level Japanese fluency and full professional proficiency in English, both written and oral
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resume and cover letter along with a link to your portfolio, describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or share your work on a design community (Behance, Dribbble, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.