Paytm Labs is located in the heart of Toronto, nestled between the busy Finance and vibrant entertainment District. Transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speed is our forte, it allows us to make commerce more accessible and convenient. We proudly support Paytm India and we are the birth place of the Paytm Canada app.
In 2017, we launched the Paytm Canada App, a consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees, earn points, and make peer-to-peer payments. Paytm India is the largest leading Payment gateway that offers comprehensive payment services for approximately 450 million customers and 7 million merchants. We offer mobile payment solutions to allow consumers to make seamless mobile payments from Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and Digital Credit among others. We pioneered and are the leader of QR code based mobile payments in India. With the launch of Paytm Payments Bank, we aim to bring banking and financial services to half-a-billion un-served and under-served people in India and around the globe.
Paytm Labs is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work! We are small, diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer. We leverage our expertise in technology to build lasting, secure, and efficient solutions. Our creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for consumer of Paytm India and Paytm Canada. We encourage our employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigor.
Paytm Labs is looking for a DBA to work on our global payments system which needs high scalability, reliability and availability. These challenges require lots of creative thinking based upon a very deep understanding of how database works.
The MySQL DBA will be responsible for maintaining a complex replication environment, monitoring database servers for daily maintenance, capacity planning and recommendations for performance improvements. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze the current environment and designing a workable HA solution to maintain 99.999
% availability. The candidate will either identify or build tools to assist in the management of the database and transactional processing environment. The candidate will be responsible for supporting development, quality assurance, and production environments.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a technologies of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Demonstrated exceptional database design and RDBMS/NoSQL programming skills to perform data troubleshooting and data manipulation tasks
- Expertise with MySQL replication, performance tuning and optimization
- Experience with query profiling, reviewing optimizer dump, data modeling and relational schema design
- Solid understanding and experience in disaster recovery, planning, and implementation
- Knowledge or expertise creating scripts using bash or Python
- Drive to actively monitor and hunt for flaws in a system, troubleshoot methodically and resolve them
- Interest and ability to learn other database system as needed
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3+ years equivalent experience in PaaS development
- Deep understanding in MySQL kernel or NoSQL source code
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribute to open source projects
- Experience with NewSQL technologies
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.