Paytm Labs is located in the heart of Toronto, nestled between the busy Finance and vibrant entertainment District. Transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speed is our forte, it allows us to make commerce more accessible and convenient. We proudly support Paytm India and we are the birth place of the Paytm Canada app.
In 2017, we launched the Paytm Canada App, a consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees, earn points, and make peer-to-peer payments. Paytm India is the largest leading Payment gateway that offers comprehensive payment services for approximately 450 million customers and 7 million merchants. We offer mobile payment solutions to allow consumers to make seamless mobile payments from Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and Digital Credit among others. We pioneered and are the leader of QR code based mobile payments in India. With the launch of Paytm Payments Bank, we aim to bring banking and financial services to half-a-billion un-served and under-served people in India and around the globe.
Paytm Labs is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work! We are small, diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer. We leverage our expertise in technology to build lasting, secure, and efficient solutions. Our creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for consumer of Paytm India and Paytm Canada. We encourage our employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigor.
Paytm Labs is looking for a database administrator to work on databases in our global payments system.
The database administrator will be responsible primarily for MySQL operations such as capacity planning, installation, configuration, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery. The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with application engineers and lead day to day database operations with minimal downtime. The candidate will also be responsible for database migrations between on-prem and cloud.
- Extensive experience in installing, upgrading and migrating the database server.
- Experience on planning and allocating system & storage requirements.
- Strong communication skills to work closely with application engineers for needed database setting and structure changes.
- Expertise with database monitoring, management and optimization for various aspects like performance and replication.
- Knowledge on enrolling users, controlling and monitoring user access to ensure system security.
- Solid understanding and experience on backup and recovery of database.
- Knowledge or expertise creating scripts using bash or Python.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3+ years equivalent experience in PaaS development.
- Deep understanding in MySQL kernel or NoSQL source code
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribute to open source projects
- Experience with NewSQL technologies
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.