As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for providing world class post-sales technical leadership to our client base. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on continuous integration and deployment as a practice and CircleCI. You will be responsible for delivering value by driving adoption of our platform across the client’s enterprise. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our customers’ success with CircleCI.
You will be the main point of contact for all technical questions and assistance for these customers and represent their needs back to customer success, product management, engineering, and marketing. And, you will work with the rest of the Customer Success team to build out and cultivate a customer community to enhance the experience of our customers.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality as well as the ability to create and maintain deep, lasting relationships with customers. You’re going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with.
CircleCI provides software development teams the confidence to build, test, and deploy—quickly and consistently—across numerous platforms. Built to address the demanding needs for today's application development environments, CircleCI supports all types of software testing including web, mobile and container (Docker) environments. CircleCI makes continuous integration and continuous deployment simple and easy for thousands of companies like Shopify, Cisco, Sony and Trunk Club, so they can ship better code, faster. CircleCI is venture backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Baseline Ventures, Harrison Metal Capital, Data Collective, 500 Startups, SV Angel, and a collection of respected angels.
About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering Team’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. The Customer Engineering Team works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements - from onboarding to implementation to scale. The Customer Success Engineer works with and across the Engineering, Product, and Revenue teams at CircleCI to drive platform adoption and help customers solve their technical challenges.
- Work closely with customers to help with setting up their CircleCI account and building any custom setup to help customers get the most out of CircleCI
- Partner with your Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers as well as act as the dedicated technical point of contact
- Be creative and scrappy in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Build best practices for onboarding across different technologies
- Act as the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to help Product and Engineering improve the product
- Code and commit relevant upgrades and changes to the CircleCI codebase
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the customer experience across the whole platform
- Become an expert on the CircleCI solution
- 2+ years of technical product support, engineering, or experience deploying software in the enterprise
- Work with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Fluency in Japanese; exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit. If you have an easily accessible presence on the web (Twitter, blog, Github, LinkedIn, etc.) please share it.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.