The role of Cost Accountant possesses impeccable time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple assignments. You will help develop and maintain procedures to ensure inventory is properly recognized. Maintain and record inventory transactions, reconciling accounts, balancing ledgers, explaining variances, and preparing schedules and/or reports. You’ll also spend time building strong relationships with a whole host of great people including our FP&A and Fulfillment Center teams as well as other facets of the business.
What You'll Do...
- Review and analyze various inventory related accounts on a monthly basis to ensure proper valuation including landed cost on the balance sheet and perform all related tasks in ERP system
- Complete monthly reconciliation of all inventory-related accounts, including the reconciliations of perpetual inventory records with the general ledger
- Prepare monthly and weekly reporting, including weekly inventory by age and system variance reports
- Prepare and review monthly freight accounting and analysis
- Prepare quarterly inventory reserve analysis
- Assist annual audit requests in the inventory area
- Lead the annual physical inventory count
- Join forces with business owners to implement controls and process improvements
- Do ad hoc analysis as needed
Who You Are...
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in inventory and cost accounting
- Impeccable time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Top-notch organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills
Nice to Have...
- Working knowledge of Oracle, SAP, or comparable ERP system
- Experience in manufacturing, retail, or consumer product companies