Wealthsimple makes financial tools that are easy, accessible, and transparent. We are on a mission to democratize access to world-class financial tools for everyone, regardless of age, net worth, background, or education. With over $5+ billion in assets under management and more than 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we're the market leader in Canada and are fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the largest and most innovative fin-tech companies in the world. Join us and change the future of finance. Read our Culture Manual
to learn more about us and how we work.
We're looking for a CPA, CA, to join the finance team as a Corporate Controller on a full time basis. This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to an early-stage company with the momentum of a successful team and product behind you.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for the consolidated financial reporting of Wealthsimple and the monthly management analysis
- Provide solid guidance and coaching to the team of accountants to encourage and support career growth and optimize learning opportunities
- Manage compliance reporting & tax returns (HST, corporate tax US & Canada)
- Manages cash flow including transfers, forward contracts and payments.
Effectively manage external and internal relationships to ensure an effective and efficient financial audit
- Be responsible for global accounting policies under IFRS
- Work on some cool projects including implementation of a new accounting system, process improvement, revenue recognition, etc.
Our Ideal team member:
- Must have 7+ years accounting experience with CPA, CA designation
- Has a combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Has experience managing and mentoring a high performing team
- Is passionate about technology, specifically fintech
- Is naturally curious: if something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on
- Communicates effectively and is able to convey complex ideas succinctly
- Loves numbers, is organized and has strong Excel skills
- Pays close attention to details and ability to thoroughly reviews their own work
- May have experience with IFRS in financial services or technology industry - this is a plus
- May have corporate and indirect tax experience - this is an asset
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a company that is changing the relationship people have with money.
- Generous Group RRSP matching program, competitive salaries, stock options and incentives for the success of both yourself and the company.
- Daily catered lunches, cold brew, snacks, and fun company off-sites, but most importantly, great coworkers to enjoy them with!
- $500 annual fitness credit and $1,200 annual education credit
Include this in your application:
- A copy of your CV
- Your answer to the following: Suppose you started at Wealthsimple today. What would you do to make an impact immediately?
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, indigenous peoples, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
Accommodations: If you are an individual who requires accommodations please let us know. Wealthsimple aims to provide accommodation throughout its hiring process and beyond.