Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Business Development Team Lead for the Outbound team. The Business Development team is responsible for pipeline growth across the globe from our target customers in the SMB marketplace.
The ideal Business Development Team Lead will have a minimum of 2 years of experience managing sales development B2B teams, a strong track record in performance management, hiring and managing day to day operations at a big, ideally tech company.
We’re looking for self-starters with superior customer service and communication skills, natural collaborators who are resourceful - who know “what” to ask, “when” to ask it and “how” to get things done. Successful candidates will have proven experience in developing sales teams, creating a high performing, results-driven culture while also building upon existing foundation and processes. We’re looking for someone competent at balancing the ‘big picture’ and ‘hands on’ aspects of this role. This is a high impact position for someone who has been in a closing role, understands the nuance of a good deal and can manage a team to success.
- Responsible for delivering on Outbound growth initiative goals
- Leadership position in the Athens office, leading a team of 7 Outbound Sales Development Representatives
- Consistently meet or exceed goals (Activity, Hiring, Pipeline Creation) and hold self and others accountable for expected results
- Drive sales development representative activity metrics (calls made, accounts reached, appointments booked etc.)
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of team via call shadowing and troubleshooting/assisting outreach.
- Act as an internal sales expert and partner with business development and sales operations leadership to help assess, measure and enhance the performance of sales outreach activities
- Assess and analyze team needs with recommendations on training plans and programs to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Work US shift hours some days in the week in order to assist BDRs who reach out to the US market
- Excellent English command
- Proven sales experience or leading high performing teams (minimum 2 years)
- Demonstrate an ability to coach one on one and hold individuals accountable for results and provide timely and specific feedback to improve performance
- Solid understanding of reporting and forecasting procedures
- Understanding or hands-on experience in the information technology sector and B2B sales or customer support
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Proficiency in CRM or relevant software
- Project management skills a plus
- Optimism and positivity, a high energy motivator
- Knowledge of performance evaluation of sales key performance indicators
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. This is a remote position and on top of this we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Health insurance plan including dependents
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity tools
- Flexible working hours
- Extensive paternity leave
- Fully catered office, including free breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages all day
- Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.