Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As the Business Development Manager for Credit Karma’s Auto Insurance vertical you will be responsible for developing and executing on a partnership growth strategy in the massive Auto Insurance market. You will develop strategic relationships with leading companies and be the external face for Credit Karma’s efforts to empower consumers in the industries. You will have direct ownership, responsibility and accountability for building a high-growth business, have a significant impact on company growth, and work with an amazing team in a member-oriented, mission-driven environment. The role will be at our office in Culver City, CA.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Creatively push the boundaries of the consumer experience in the Auto Insurance industry by identifying and executing complex partnerships and integrations with strategic players
- Lead communications and sales efforts with strategic partners
- Play a key role in guiding strategy for each of our Auto Insurance by providing perspectives regarding industry trends, competitive dynamics, and partner needs/priorities to your cross-functional teammates and Credit Karma leadership
- Use data to develop business recommendations that generate value for partners and Credit Karma
- Execute cross-functionally within our organization while multi-tasking various internal and external requests
- Partner with the Product and Design organizations to envision and deliver a better consumer experience
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of business experience, preferably in business development, partnerships, consulting or investment banking
- MBA or related Master’s degree is preferred
- Subject matter expertise - knowledge of the Auto Insurance industry is preferred
- Passionate about building great products and advancing Credit Karma’s ambitions mission
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - adept at analyzing and synthesizing data to support strategies and communications internally and externally
- Can independently develop and implement recommended approaches to ambiguous problems
- Ability to work cross-functionally and assert influence internally/externally
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.