Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve over 7BN GIFs per day, seen by more than 500M daily active users who watch more than 11M hours of GIFs every day.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
About the Role:
At GIPHY, we’re building the world’s largest animated GIF search engine and redefining how people search, discover, create, and share GIFs. Since 2014 we have been developing an all-in-one GIF platform with multiple product offerings, touching hundreds of millions of users per day and serving billions of GIFs per month.
Our BD team is responsible for originating and managing GIPHY’s strategic partnerships. In that capacity, GIPHY’s BD team works closely with the most important media and tech brands in the world. As we grow our platform product and business offerings we’re looking for an ambitious and experienced BD Manager who can help drive the team forward to bigger and better things.
You are someone who is comfortable taking meetings at any level, and who can work through a tricky product problem as easily as you can navigate a contractual negotiation. You will pitch GIPHY to our most important prospective partners and so you can craft a deck with the best of ‘em.
As a GIPHY employee you exemplify our love for the internet and for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with content online.
This role will be based in New York City and may require some travel.
What you'll do:
- SDK platform growth
- You will own the core distribution strategy for growing the adoption of GIPHYs SDK and developer tools
- Prospect new opportunities for GIPHY in addition to managing existing relationships with developers using our suite of products
- Nurture and scale GIPHYs developer community to increase awareness of our services and tools
- Maintain strong relationships with developers on our platform
- Establish strategic partnerships that drive significant contributions to GIPHY’s business goals
- Lead the SDK deal process managing strategy/planning, prospecting, negotiation and implementation
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of work experience in business development or a relevant field
- Experience implementing product solutions with technology partners.
- Experience in working with developers and ability to understand technical aspects related to SDK platforms
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating in a startup environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You love GIFs and GIF culture
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership and lots of other fun perks.